Monday 25 January 2010

First Win of 2010 - Maitland District Sprint Triathlon

Hi Guys,

I raced the Maitland Clubs January Sprint Triathlon on the 24th January (this past weekend). It was to be a great test hit out after doing some running specific weeks with little riding or swimming. No aero bling, race wheels, heart rate monitors, or power output - just go hard and go for as long as possible.

Results will be published soon but it looks like I came in with the win in a low 50mins for the Sprint Triathlon. Great volunteers/organisers and nice to see a lovely breakfast put on post race for competitors. I'll post the times etc and top placings once they are up. I need to log more swimming kilometres, the bike was good and the run is progressing well. First time I have felt like I was running fast with good momentum after the dead legs and double run days of late. Good to get a win at the first race of the year.

Great little race and they welcome along all plus they have two kiddies races to get them into the sport that were great to watch.

Cheers,
Bevan.

No comments: