Friday 30 October 2009

Port Macquarie 70.3 this weekend

Hi Guys,

I head up to Port Macquaire this weekend for the half ironman triathlon. It is a bit of a fact finding mission and test run. This is predominately the identical course that will host the March 2010 Australian Ironman which I have as a major goal to qualify for the Hawaiian Ironman World Champs in 2010. Port Half traditionally has a good field with athletes building into Busselton Ironman in 5 weeks time or looking for points in the Australian Half Ironman Series.

With that in mind, I head to Port to try a few different things. I will be using a powertap and aiming to sit at a certain wattage to see how the body copes and what this means for my run off the bike. I am working towards full recuperative fitness by the end of this year and then a long lead in to the Australian Ironman in March. I will also try a wheelbuilder cover on the powertap and test if this is appropriate for the course and if it 'works'. This will an initial test run on the product so here's hoping there are no mechanical issues with it.

Port is normally a very wet and windy weekend but forecasts are for a hot one. I will push to see where the limits are in the swim and run. I am looking forward to a good hard hit out and then being able to analyse the data post race to develop some specific training for the March Ironman goal race.

I am also looking forward to seeing how the coaching guys go and touching base with my triathlon mates I have not seen in a while. I will touch base after the race.

Cheers,
Bevan.

No comments: