Tuesday 13 October 2009

Maitland Triathlon Unofficial Results: 1st Mens 30-34 years, 9th male overall.

Hi Guys,

I completed my test event in Morpeth over the weekend made that little bit harder by attending the Mauling for Muscles black tie charity dinner for Muscular Dystrophy the previous evening. The triathlon incorporated a 1.5km swim, 55km bike, and 12km on/off road run. I decided to race on my road bike with powertap to record data to enable me to have working numbers for the half ironman races coming up. Results will be posted sometime this week but from the presentations I came 1st in the Men's 30-34 years division, 9th male overall, and first overall using a roadie ;) haha. I found that I can definitely make some big changes in the way I distribute my energy with large power ranges in the bike. I purposely did not hang in any groups taking a turn then sitting off the back to get an even power recording. I also noticed a big change in power legally drifting through a group of up to 150-250 Watts. Also the aero advantage of a tri bike compared to a roadie and the extra wattage needed was noticeable. Good points for the race were coming out in the top couple of the swim, a good consistent run that I was able to build on throughout, and no further problems to the rehab. I am now looking forward to banking some specific training and working towards the seasons goals.

Cheers,
Bevan.

No comments: