Tuesday 13 January 2009

Finally wireless and another cycle road race win

Hi Guys,

Well, we finally have wireless at the house. Oh the freedom it gives you. Bless the Telstra technician that decided to drop by unannounced by accident. I was tempted to rush to the cellar door and give the man a case of beer. We can now actually view the internet again properly. I will be able to publish some photo's of Frankie for all.

I picked up another win this past week. I had a good day of training with a long tempo run and 4km swim before the race. Legs were heavy and a bit fatigued, but that is the best way for me to use the road races as training for my triathlons. I took off from the start and time trialled the whole way for a good win in gusty conditions. I was able to back up the next day with a good 5 hour ride and run off the bike with no residual soreness. I have now been banking consistent training for the past few weeks and look to continue this through to March.

Congrats to an old acquaintance, Pete McDonald, who had the legs to beat out Michael Rogers and Adam Hansen in a sprint to win the Australian elite men's road race and get the "pretty" jersey/outfit to wear for the year. Awesome work and great to see a local team have the Australian jersey again to help with sponsors and exposure.

Enjoy the good weather for training,
Bevan.

No comments: