Thursday 6 March 2008

Back again and 2007 round up

Well it is time to get my adventures on the net again. After having some website administrator difficulties over the past year, I am going to have my blog back up and running. This way all my supporters, sponsors, family, friends, and general interested parties can follow my progress towards my triathlon goals.

Firstly, I must update you on 2007 - the year I learnt to win big again! I ended the year as the 4th ranked professional male in the ITU World Long Distance Rankings after racing the Oceania titles and winning the Asian ITU Long Distance Championships. I won all possible triathlon race distances except an Ironman (although I did lead one for a while!) these being sprint, olympic, half ironman, and long distance. I broke swim, bike, and overall course records during the year. I was especially proud to become a member of a select group of Australian athletes to win an ITU Continental Title and ITU World Cup Series race. Breaking the bike and overall course records to win my first half ironman triathlon at White Rock was another highlight. I gained a lot more knowledge on how to 'race' ironman and long course and shall be implementing this in 2008 to push for that maiden ironman win.

In 2008 I will have great support from some new sponsors in Platypus Asset Management and Cooltainer with continued support from 3 sports, Ryders Eyewear, Brooks running shoes, and High 5 Nutrition.

A list of results for 2007 follows:
  • 1st White Rock Half Ironman Distance Triathlon – Asia, set a new bike course record and overall course record;
  • 1st ITU Asian O2 Long Distance Triathlon Championships – Subic Bay, Philippines, set a new bike course record, 2nd in swim breaking old swim course record;
  • 4th ITU World Long Distance Triathlon Rankings – Professional Males;
  • 1st Overall Sparke Helmore Solo Triathlon, swim & bike primes, 1st M30-39yr, lead start-finish, setting overall course record and bike records;
  • 2nd Sri Chinmoy Champions Challenge Triathlon (3.2km/125km/30km) – Setting swim and bike course records, leader until 24.5km mark of run;
  • 11th Oceania and Australian Long Distance Championships – Huskisson – 3hrs59mins;
  • 1st Newcastle foreshore triathlon M30-34yrs, 4th overall, 1st overall swim;
  • 1st Kurnell 60km Cycling Time Trial High 5 Testing & 2 x Course Record (3 x 1st, 1 x 2nd in 4 Time Trial Races);
  • 3rd Australian Half Ironman Professional Men’s Triathlon Division 2006/2007;
  • 1st Men’s 30-34 Australian Olympic Distance Triathlon Series - Newcastle Race #2;
  • 2nd Men’s 30-34, 6th Overall, Australian Olympic Distance Triathlon Series - Nowra Race #1;
  • 2nd Premier/Elite Men’s Division Australian Triathlon Club Teams, Penrith;
  • National Club Champions - Australian Triathlon Club Teams -Brats;
  • 4th Karuah 8km fun run, 2nd 31-40yrs male;
  • 5th Illawarra Aquathon Long Distance Men’s 30-39yrs, 1st swim category;
  • 10th Pro Male Ironman Japan;
  • 35th Almere Ironman -Leader during swim and bike portions of the race; and
  • Ironman Brazil – Qualified for Hawaii Ironman Pro Spot but passed due to financial reasons.

After these results and learning more about the way I need to race and train, I am confident that 2008 will bring much more success. I gained a great deal from 2007 from a racing perspective and shall use this to continue my rise in triathlon, further improve my personal best times, and to chase that win everytime I race.

Cheers,

Bevan.

No comments: