Friday 6 March 2009

The Night Before

Everything is now ready for the race. It looks like the weather has been good to us with winds and rain last night and early today. Otherwise it has been dry and calm. This means either a nightmare day weather-wise tomorrow as we are one-day of the forecast, or a brilliant mid temperature day with little wind. It is a deceptively tough course here in Taupo. I am well prepared under Mark Watson's guidance and will leave everything out there going for a good position and time. I want to thank everyone for their well wishes, sms', emails, blog notes, and facebook messages. Also to the Newcastle cycling boys for the extra bodies in training and likewise the Sydney crew. Thanks again to the guys at Platypus Asset Management for supporting me again for this tilt at the New Zealand Ironman. It was great to hear and see Frankie & Sam tonight on Skype - got to love those computer aids when they work.

Remember, you can follow my progress tomorrow on http://www.ironmanlive.com/ under race number 38 and if you click on my name it should give you progress reports/times/splits at the timing mats over the course.
Thanks to the Bynon and Leach families for their support and well wishes. Also to my sponsors High5, Brooks, and Platypus Asset Management, many thanks for aiding me in my training and racing goals.
Well, it is time to out the legs up, sleep, and wait for the race to start.
Cheers,
Bevan.

No comments: