Tuesday 30 September 2008

A busy September

Hi All,

It has been a hectic few past weeks with much travel, developments, and training. Along the way:

- Sam and I have been to the Hunter Valley for Sam’s work colleagues’ wedding, staying at the lovely St Briavel's cottage near Broke (with Dirk and Sarah Melton - plus Brad, who was a late addition to the household ;) ). It was a great weekend away…'Angel' by Robbie Williams has taken on a whole new meaning for me…I don’t think I’ll ever sing it seriously again…not that I ever did;
- I wanted to do 3:10hr for the Sydney Marathon and I scraped in with 3:09hr on dead legs. Sam’s cousin Steve ran his first major half marathon and Sam felt like she had done a marathon just walking around and watching it from the sidelines (she’s not so active these days);
- I finally bought a car (from Peter Warren Ford thanks Anthony, Peter, Gabriel, Emma) for the bub (and my bikes ;) ) ;
- I bought a nice new king sized bed for some leg room and a great sleep from Sleepyhead;
- the house is speeding along and nearly complete. Sam and I are hopeless “handymen” – thank goodness we have Sam’s parents to help us with it – they’re like our own version of a renovation show – we keep expecting Scott Cam and Jamie Durie to jump out at us – but instead we have our own makeover show with Frank and Jan”;
- baby classes are almost complete - with the biggest learning curve yet to come; and
- the shop is having a sale in a big way to clear all stock for some new remodelling and it is going crazy.

Updates to follow with some nice pictures. But Sam, bub, and I are all travelling well and all spare time is being spent on the training front with the programs Mark has given me which I’m really enjoying.

Congrats to Brats for winning the Australian Team Triathlon Champs on the weekend for the 4th consecutive year!

Cheers,
Bevan.

No comments: