Friday 11 July 2008

Roth # 3 - Update and Link for Live Coverage

Hallo (as they say here),

The final training sessions have all gone well. Bike is in order and rego is tommorrow. I will be getting my first look at the course Friday with Matthias and Felix taking me around and offering tips on the technical bike course. We will no doubt also check out the race expo and see what new toys are about. There are some bike stalls so may have a look to see if I can organise something other than the borrowed bike at the moment for future racing. Friday is a rest day though, so there shall not be much running around on the feet and a nice sleep in.

The link to the website in english is here:

http://www.challenge-roth.com/en/index.html .

There are cameras at certain points of the course running continually (Live-Cams) plus an up to date stream on individual athletes. There is also an overall leaders play by play (Live-Ticker) and I think a continual tv stream that you can sign up for on the same page. Race day is this Sunday 13th July.

I am in the Sub 9 group/Pro's and shall be off at 6:20am German time, or 2:20pm Eastern Standard Australian time this Sunday. My race number is 348. I will be racing for the Franken Speed Fighters team and have Matthias as my aid for the special needs stations (you have to provide your own coach-trainer for the special needs drops here at Roth).

I shall write another update before the race after the rego, expo, and bike-gear check in. Am looking forward to the start line and hitting the course in good shape with a good competitive field.

Cheers,
Bevan.

No comments: